Monday, September 03, 2007

A bit more comfortable with some ideas

My movement towards Catholicism seems to be based a bit more on some theological concepts, than being annoyed with the Episcopal Church. The idea is to run to something and not away from something else.
I can say that today, Monday, Labor Day, I'm now comfortable with the Assumption of Mary. Let's just say last year I wasn't convinced. I was open to being convinced, but I wasn't buying it. Now, this bit is in the okay pile. Now I gotta tackle the known 'eh' pile and deal with the unknown to protestant me pile.

2 comments:

Arimathean said...

Here are a few of the Catholic teachings I won't be able to help you with: 1) the Immaculate Conception of the BVM; 2) original guilt and fallen human nature; 3) the filioque - i.e., the belief that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Son as well as from the Father; 4) Papal supremacy and infallibility. In Orthodoxy we don't believe in any of these things.

Rebecca said...

I'm not sure this is exactly your style, but I love a book called Ragamuffin Gospel which was written by Brennan Manning. I was reminded pf it because he was a monk for many years.