Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Early Reflection on Marriage

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. " Matt 22:30
We haven't been married for even 6 months yet so I don't know what wisdom can be gleaned, except I can look back on this and try to remember. Same reason I keep my teenage writings, so I can remember... and roll my eyes at my former self.

The Help is my best friend and my husband. When I find my husband to be grating, I search for my best friend. I also remember that back when I had absolutely no interest in him as a man (none, nunca, zip), grabbing his hand, touching his ring finger and telling him I'd be so happy to see a band on it. Then I didn't care who put that ring on. Well, if you want to have something done right, I guess you have to do it yourself, so I put the band on his finger after G-d opened my heart.
If by the Grace of G-d we arrive in his presence after this life is done, I hope that our faces will be turned to the almighty together as friends and siblings in Christ. As our Lord says there will be no marriage (that's how I'm interpreting it) in heaven. Fine. If I can hang out with the Help in the afterlife, as sibling or friend, cool. If the only focus is G-d, then I should get as much of all my hanging out with him as much as possible.

No comments: